Get Support

Having difficulties with life at Northeastern? We Care is here to help.

Are you having difficulties in your personal or academic life at Northeastern? Do you have a friend or classmate who appears to be struggling? Is your student or child having trouble coping with a challenging situation in their life that’s impeding their ability to flourish?

We Care is an extended network of support services that provides help and encouragement to Northeastern students who are experiencing unexpected challenges in their personal or academic life, to embolden them so they can succeed. We Care is available to all Northeastern University students, wherever they are studying.

At Northeastern, a student is never alone when struggling with a demanding situation. We Care works with our students and University partners to create an environment where every student can achieve their greatest potential.


For Students

If you are a Northeastern student in need of help with academics, adjusting to campus life, social life, missing or stolen possessions, travel issues, financial issues, or any other concerns, we are here to help. View FAQs for Northeastern students.

For Parents

If you are the parent of a Northeastern student and are concerned about your child's well-being at Northeastern University, We Care can help. View FAQs for parents.

For Faculty, Staff, and Administrators

If you are a faculty member, advisor, administrator, or a member of the Northeastern University staff and are concerned for the well-being of a Northeastern student, We Care can help you find resources to help your student. View FAQs for Faculty, Staff, and Administrators.

For Friends and Classmates

If you are concerned for the well-being of one of your friends or classmates, you may refer them to We Care. View FAQs for friends and classmates.

On-Campus Support Services


I need to: Contact:
Report a violent incident on campus NUPD (if off-campus: dial 911)
Report a health emergency on campus NUPD (if off-campus: dial 911)
Get help for a non-emergency medical or mental health issue University Health and Counseling Services
+1.877.233.9477 (U.S.) or +1.781.457.7777 (Intl.)
Speak to someone about a financial question or problem (financial aid, billing concerns) Student Financial Services
Discuss an academic issue (problems with classwork, class requirements, missed classes, concerns with professors, etc.) Student’s Academic Advisor
Seek some other type of assistance Please see our FAQs
Concerns regarding on-campus living situation, roommates, living community, etc. Housing and Residential Life
[email protected]
Concerns regarding off-campus living situation, roommates, living community, etc. Off Campus Student Services (OSCC)
[email protected]
Concerns about getting connected to social opportunities on campus Residential Life
Center for Student Involvement (CSI)
Center for Community Service
Center for Spirituality, Dialogue, and Service (CSDS)